Friday, April 29, 2016


Stradalli Cycle Mountain Bike Team will be taking on the Trans – Epic stage race this coming July in preparation for World Cup events.

The Trans – Epic stage race takes place over 7 days in the mountain bike capital of Pennsylvania on trails that are commonly reviewed as some of the best the East Coast has to offer. The races feature everything from flowing singletrack days to days with which focus specifically on enduro skills.

The race truly provides a battleground for mountain bikers of all skill sets to come and test their abilities. The racers cover 225 miles and over 28,000 feet of climbing in around 20 hours of racing.

Stradalli Cycle will be in attendance with owner Tom Stradalli and several professionals riding the Stradalli 650b full suspension mountain bike. Cesar Grajales, former downhill mountain bike champion of Colombia, will be riding all stages of the week long race. Grajales is famous for winning the mountainous of the Tour of Georgia ahead of a group containing Lance Armstrong and Chris Horner and several other top riders in the world at the time.

Bob McCarty, World Cup Mountain Biker Racer and former United States National Champion, will also be in attendance to compete for the overall at Trans – Epic Mountain Bike Stage Race. McCarty said the Trans – Epic will be a new experience and is looking forward to the challenges ahead.

“This will be the first time in my career where I will compete for the overall title in a 5 day stage race,” McCarty said. “I have been slowly, but surely making my way back from my injury which had me hospitalized a few months ago and now it is time to really test myself. I am not back to 100 percent, but I am confident I can do something great at the Trans – Epic.”

The Trans – Epic Single Track Summer Camp begins May 29th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive